Monday, February 2, 2015

God Does Not Show Favouritism


God does not show favouritism.
God's grace, mercy and favour are available to all.
But, only the humble are able to receive it.

A humble man's prayer is something like this: "Lord, I am struggling with my sins. Please love me as I am and help me to become more like you".
As God is light and there is no falsehood in him, he will not be able to pour out his mercy on a person (or make his dwelling in the heart of a person) who is not honest about his sinful condition.

Also Read: God is not against enjoyment
 
RELEVANT BIBLE VERSES

"People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy." - Proverbs 28:13
"For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard." - Romans 3:23

"These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word." Isaiah 66:2

"Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud." - Psalm 138:6

No comments:

Post a Comment